Recommended Websites, Books, Documentary's/Movies for Pregnancy and Parenting
Websites for Pregnancy, Labour & Birth
- Hypnobirthing Australia website - Great collection of Birth Stories, Birth Videos, Latest Articles and Evidence, Blog Posts, Shop to download additional hypnobirthing and self-hypnosis MP3 practice tracks.
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network – pregnancy and birth information.
- Spinning Babies - Spinning Babies is a globally recognised organisation for optimal position of babies for birth. Integrating art and science of birth to give mothers a smoother birthing experience by using balance, gravity and movement of a woman’s anatomy to bring baby to an ideal position.
- Also check out Spinning Babies Daily Exercises for pregnancy.
- World Health Organisation new pregnancy guidelines.
- Pregnancy - SA Health – government information and guidelines on pregnancy topics.
- SA Prenatal Practice Guidelines
Postnatal & Parenting websites
- Child and Youth Health – practical health information for parents and carers.
- Raising Children Network – The Australia Parenting Website.
- Pinky McKay – Breastfeeding expert, Lactation Consultant, gentle parenting advocate and author of multiple best selling breastfeeding and parenting books.
- Safe Sleeping SIDS and Kids.
- Beyond Blue – information for new and expectant parents, covering everything from bonding with your baby to spotting the signs of anxiety and depression.
- PANDA – Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia. PANDA National Helpline call 1300 726 306.
- The Australia Breastfeeding Association (ABA).
- The Milk Meg - Breastfeeding Expert and Lactation Consultant.
Useful Books to read
- The Little Book of Hypnobirthing by Melissa Spilsted (included for Hypnobirthing Australia™ course participants)
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Dr. Sarah J. Buckley, MD
- A Modern Women’s Guide to A Natural Empowering Birth by Katrina Zaslavsky
- Childbirth without Fear by Grantly Dick-Read
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
- Birth Reborn by Michel Odent
- Stork Talk: Delivering Strategies for Your Ideal Birth by Cheryl Sheriff
- It’s Your Birth…Right? By Cherie Pasion
- A Labour of Love by Gabrielle Targett
- The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves
- Babies Remember Birth by Dr. David Chamberlain
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp
- Birth Skills with Sarah Murdoch by Juju Sundin
- Orgasmic Birth by Elizabeth Davis & Debra Pascali-Bonaro
- Parenting by Heart by Pinky McKay
- Sleeping like a Baby by Pinky McKay
- The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel & Tina Payne Bryson
- Birth with Confidence: Savvy choices for normal birth by Rhea Dempsey
- What’s Right for Me? Making Decisions in Pregnancy and Birth by Sara Wickham
- Inducing Labour: Making Informed Decisions by Sara Wickham
- Vitamin K and the newborn by Sara Wickham
- Anti-D in midwifery by Sara Wickham
- Hypnobirthing Australia™ and Hypnobubs® Youtube Channel.
- The Business of Being Born DVD - you can watch trailer here.
- Freedom for Birth
- Orgasmic Birth DVD
- What Babies Want
- Born in Water DVD
- Why not Home? Documentary
- ‘Birth As We Know It’ Birth into Being DVD
- Birth Story DVD by Ina May Gaskin & The Farm Midwives
- Birth Day DVD
- The Big Stretch DVD
- Breast is Best DVD
- A Breech in the System DVD
- Lotus Birth DVD
If you have any other resources, books, websites, documentary or movies for pregnancy and parenting you would like to add please leave a comment below or feel free to email me.